Join FilmLight and Artjail for an introduction to Baselight, FilmLight’s colour grading, VFX and finishing solution.
This one-day free course covers the core fundamentals of colour grading, colour space and media management in Baselight v5. The course combines demonstrations of techniques and features as well as hands-on exercises.
It is strongly recommended to bring a laptop compatible with Baselight STUDENT, FilmLight’s software-only macOS application developed for training purposes. Baselight STUDENT will be used during the day for practice sessions.
Registrants will be sent a software licence and media package before the course.
Thurs, July 25, 2019
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
213 Sterling Road Suite 103
- Project creation in Baselight
- Introduction to the Baselight user interface and editable workspaces
- Navigation, pre-visualisation and media import
- Introduction to colour space management
- Comparison between Base Grade, Film Grade and Video Grade
- Using Baselight’s grading tools
. Hue Shift
. Colour Temperature
. Boost Color
. Boost Contrast
. Boost Shadows
- Compare shots, apply grades to other shots, and save grade references
. Layer View
- Matte tools
. Creating shapes and tracking tools
. Combining shapes and keys
. Re-using tracking information on other shapes
- Finishing and fixing tools
. Texture Equaliser
. Texture Highlight
. Paint Tool
- Sneak-peak of Baselight’s upcoming features
Artjail Senior Colourist Clinton Homuth will then discuss his individual journey in colour, using the latest version of the Baselight grading system.