High-end colour grading for Avid Media Composer or Symphony
under US$ 1,000.
FilmLight today announces the release of the latest product in its Baselight Editions line, Baselight for Avid® (Mac). Developed in association with Avid, this exciting new product makes the world’s most powerful colour grading toolset available within Avid Media Composer® or Symphony®, the editing software that is the preferred choice among film and television professionals. It’s also a further instance of FilmLight’s commitment to provide solutions for managing colour at every stage in production and post.
FilmLight and Avid have a long history of working together to improve interoperability between their products and empower customers. “We are breaking down old barriers and enabling artists to be more creative and productive,” said FilmLight founder Wolfgang Lempp. “Baselight for Avid will make high quality grading tools accessible in editorial suites resulting in a more flexible and efficient workflow, and a better way to communicate creative intent through the various stages of post-production.”
“Avid is extremely excited about the release of Baselight for Avid,” said Adam Green, Sr. Director of Worldwide Marketing, Pro & Post Segment. “Baselight for Avid is an innovative product that empowers editors and other post production professionals using Media Composer or Symphony software to work more efficiently, creatively and collaboratively.”
A built-in GPU renderer provides real-time performance. Colour decisions made in Baselight for Avid can be exchanged with full Baselight systems, and vice versa, achieving a seamless workflow between editorial and colour grading operations.
Key features include:
- Best-in-class, multi-layer colour grading
- Grading adjustments applied directly to shots in the Avid timeline
- Best-in-class Truelight colour management
- Export grades to or import grades from full Baselight systems via AAF or BLG EXR files
- Multiple ways to adjust colour: lift-gamma-gain controls, film-style grading (with additional adjustment of the ‘S’ curve regions), full RGB and HSL curve-based grading
- Automatic tracking via one-point, two-point or new area-based tracker
- Secondary grading via built-in soft-edged Bezier shapes, luma and chroma keys or a combination
- Filtering and garbage-matting
- Secondary grades are inside/outside layers allowing different colour and effects to be applied to either side of the layer
- Built-in filters (blur, sharpen, etc.) can also be applied to any layer in conjunction with colour
- All controls fully key-frame-able
Baselight for Avid (Mac) is available for purchase through FilmLight’s online store. A Windows version is currently under development and is scheduled for Q4 2012.
FilmLight will be exhibiting Baselight for Avid at IBC Stand 7.F31. The product can also be seen at Avid’s Stand 7.J20.
Additionally, FilmLight will present Baselight for Avid at the Fifth Annual Amsterdam CPUG SuperMeet, September 9th, in the Grand Ballroom and Winter Garden of the Hotel Krasnapolsky. (Doors open at 16:00. The stage show begins at 19:00)
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Interplay®, ISIS®, VENUE, Sibelius® and System 5. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+; or subscribe to Avid Buzz.